REAL Coaching is a two-day, interactive and experiential program intended to teach managers and leaders how to have healthy, effective coaching conversations that preserve and build trusting relationships, and to incorporate those skills into a coaching process designed to improve overall team and individual performance.
Effective performance coaching has four primary components:
- Maintaining our awareness of personal attitudes and behaviors of ourselves and of those we coach.
- Understanding the fundamentals of coaching conversations - how to "be" in the conversation and tactical skills for entering and maintaining a healthy dialogue.
- Using the key skills of listening and questioning.
- Following a structured coaching process within which to use the dialoguing skills learned and to ensure a plan is created for follow through on mutual commitments.
Our intention is to help the client:
- Be real, feeling confident and grounded in oneself when engaging in a potentially triggering conversation with another.
- To be able to Do so in a compassionate, respectful, way that maintains integrity, recognizes and honors the needs of the other, in order to . . .
- Have a healthy relationship and an effective outcome that is win-win and fully understood by each participant.